Emergency Assistance Program
The Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) program helps families overcome immediate barriers to self-sufficiency.
What is PRC?
- The PRC program is designed to provide benefits and services to needy families and low income employed families to help move them out of poverty and become self-sufficient
- PRC support is short term and is not intended to meet ongoing needs.
- If eligible for PRC benefits, a voucher is issued for the service.
Who is eligible for PRC?
- Families must have a minor child in the home
- Families must reside in Miami County
- Families must meet the income guidelines
- Some PRC services are also available to non-custodial parents of a minor child who live in Miami County but in a separate household from the child
What are the income limits?
- The family’s monthly gross income must be under 150% of the Federal Poverty Limits
- A family does not need to be receiving other benefits from Miami County Job and Family Services to apply or be eligible for PRC services
What types of assistance is available?
- Rent and/or rental deposit
- Mortgage payment
- Utility assistance
- Car repairs ( Applicant must have employment of 30 calendar days duration and working 32 hours per week or more)
- Employment related services such as uniforms, equipment, testing or renewal of licenses or certificates (items must be needed to gain or retain employment of at least 32 hours per week)
How do I apply?
- Applications for the PRC program are available and accepted at Miami County Department of Job and Family Services during regular business hours
- Submit verifications required for the type of PRC category you are applying for (listed on page two of the application
- For more information about the PRC program and/or eligibility please call 937-440-3471.