- Job & Family Services
- Non-Emergency Transportation Services (NET)
Non-Emergency Transportation Services (NET)
Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) is a statewide program for Medicaid eligible clients to provide transportation to and from Medicaid approved medical appointments. Miami County Department of Job and Family Services administers the program and contracts with Miami County Transit to provide the transportation.
To qualify you must:
- Be a Miami County resident who is currently on Medicaid. (QMB and SLMB Medicaid plans are not eligible for NET)
Rides can be used to go to:
- Pharmacy - to pick up prescriptions only (limit of 3 rides per month)
This service does not provide rides to the bank, grocery store, Court, or the Social Security office. Each family member must get a separate authorization for transportation, and a guardian must ride with a minor child. If you are needing a ride for anything other than what is on the approved list of rides, you may call Miami County Transit directly at (937) 335-RIDE to set up a ride.
Once you have authorization to use NET, you can arrange a ride to any Medicaid facility in Miami County by calling (937) 440-3471 at least 24 hours in advance but no more than 10 days before an appointment. We will then contact Miami County Transit to place you on the transportation schedule. If you need to cancel your ride please make sure to call Miami County Job and Family Services as soon as possible so they can notify Transit.
When you call please have the following information ready:
- Time of the medical appointment
- Address of the medical appointment
- What time you want the bus to pick you up from your medical appointment to return you to your home
For additional information on Non-Emergency Transportation or to schedule a ride call, (937) 440-3471.