Change of Name - Minor
A minor desiring to change his or her name must be a resident of Miami County for the past twelve (12) months prior to the filing of the application for the change of name. Applications will not be accepted for minors less than one (1) year of age. Filing a change of name will change the name on the birth certificate.
A valid I.D. from the applicant must be presented at the time of filing the application.
Minor’s original birth certificate (or certified copy) is required at the time of filing the application.
If a birth parent is deceased, a certified copy of the death certificate is required.
Please check with the court for consent requirements.
A hearing date will be scheduled at a later date.
The filing fee includes the cost of publication. The court will coordinate the publication of the name change notice in a newspaper of general circulation in Miami County.
If the child was born outside the state of Ohio, the applicant will need to provide the court with the address of the Vital Statistics Department for the child’s birth state at the time of filing the application.
- Change of Name for Minors Check List
- 21.2 Application for Change of Name of Minor
- 21.3 Judgment Entry - Change of Name of Minor
- 21.4 Consent to Change of Name
- 21.02 Affidavit in Support of Application for Change of Name of Minor
- 21.03 Judgement Entry Setting Hearing and Ordering Notice
- Affidavit Three Attempts to Locate (AFF-3)
- Notice to Parent
- 21.5 Notice of Hearing on Change of Name
- Vital Statistics Informational Form
- Request for Interpreter
- 21.6 Application to Waive Publication Requirement and Seal File
- 45D Confidential Disclosure of Personal Identifiers
- Entry Setting Hearing
- Motion / Entry to Continue Hearing