GovernmentServicesAbout UsBusinessHow Do I?
Click to Home

Go To Search


Veterans may file DD-214s in the Recorder's Office for safekeeping.  This service is free of charge.

  • You must bring the original or a certified copy of your DD-214 for filing.

  • To obtain a certified copy of YOUR OWN DD-214, which has been previously recorded in the Miami County Recorders’ Office, you will need a government issued, photo ID.

  • To obtain a copy of ANOTHER PERSON’S DD-214, which has been previously recorded in the Recorders’ Office, you will need proof that you are “authorized party” (as defined in the Ohio Revised Code).

  • A recorded discharge document is not a public record for a period of seventy-five (75) years after the date of recording. 

Veteran ID Cards are available in the Recorder's Office.

  • The cost to obtain a Veteran ID card is $1.00.

  • You must file your DD-214 in the Recorder's Office.

  • Discharge status must be "honorable" or "general, under honorable conditions".

  • Cards are available by appointment only.  Please call the Miami County Recorder's Office at 937-440-6040.

  • Cards can be used to obtain discounts at participating retail establishments.  Cards can NOT be used to obtain VA benefits.

Contact Us
Recorder Jessica Lopez

Jessica Lopez
Miami County Recorder

Safety Building
201 West Main Street
P.O. Box 653
Troy, OH  45373

Phone: (937) 440-6040
Fax: (937) 440-6041
E-mail the Recorder

Monday - Friday
8 am - 4 pm